|Entebbe Backpackers Hostel & Campsite Entebbe
Plot 33/35 Church Road, Entebbe
P.O Box 22005, Kampala
Telephone Landline: +256 (0)41 432 0432
Mobile: +256 (0)712 849 973
Entebbe Backpackers & Campsite Entebbe - The Backpackers Place
Your Gateway to Uganda
Entebbe Backpackers is the only Backpackers in Entebbe located on Plot 33/35 Church Road, less than 6 Kilometers from Entebbe International Airport. The Entebbe Backpackers is located along Church Road; only 700 metres from the Kampala Entebbe Airport Road and sign-posted on the left side of the road if driving towards the airport, just after the Windsor Lake Victoria Hotel opposite the Uganda Printing and Publishing Cooperation (UPPC) and just before the Shell Fuel Station.
FACILITIES AT FRANK'S
The campsite has a large clean garden with beautiful flowers, green grass and trees and you are sure to feel very much at home in our great feel-good environment. There is ample camping space for those wishing to pitch tents. The hostel and campsite is securely fenced and well lit at night.
The Hostel consists of eleven rooms of various sizes, standards and prices, an eight person maximum capacity self-contained dormitory as well as five self-contained garden cottages.
Main house and self-contained room with terrace
Main house and garden
- Camping costs UGX8,000 - per person per night (with own tent)
- Camping costs UGX12,000 - per person per night (with our tent)
- A Dormitory bed costs UGX14,000-per person per night
- We have one double self-contained room #1 with private settee and digital TV available at UGX80,000- per night.
- We have one self-contained room #2 available at UGX35,000- per night.
- One self-contained triple room #3 available at UGX50,000- per night.
- One single room #4 with communal shower and toilet available for UGX20,000- per night.
- Two rooms #5 and #6 with one double bed and communal toilets and showers available at UGX25,000- per room per night.
- One twin room #7 with own shower and toilet at UGX50,000- per night
- Garden cottage #9 self-contained UGX40,000- per night. (single room)
- Garden cottages #10, #11 and #12 all self-contained UGX60,000- per roon per night.
- New room - Double room with own shower and toilet UGX50,000- per night.
- All above charges are inclusive of UGX1,000- levied as Local Council Hotel Tax per visitor per night.
- Prices DO NOT include Breakfast
Room 1 and annexed garden cottage
Garden self-contained cottages
All beds are provided with Mosquito nets.
There are hot showers for everyone and the toilets are very clean and there is a standby power supply system which lights the whole place and keeps the DStv system working during unexpected power outages.
We accept payments with VISA Cards (a 4% surcharge will be applied) or in Ugandan Shillings (UGX), US Dollars, Euros or Great British Pounds.
Garden self-contained cottages
From Frank's Campsite, it is easy to connect to the Ssese Islands and the Chimpanzee Sanctuary at Ngamba Island in Lake Victoria. A visit to the Uganda Wildlife Education Centre and the Botanical Gardens in Entebbe is possible and very relaxing. We can gladly arrange guided tours to the above two places and be sure to find accurate and up-to-date information about the above places here at the Hostel and Campsite.
Public transport to and from Kampala runs on the main Entebbe Kampala road throughout the day into late evening hours
Transport locally in Entebbe is available using small motor cycles known as boda bodas which are numerous at rates ranging between UGX500- to UGX3,000- depending on the distance of the journey.
Airport transfers are available on request at anytime of the day or night. The charges for this are UGX20,000- for a pick up and UGX17,000- for drop-offs respectively. (This includes the Airport Entrance Fee).
We also offer a shuttle service to our guests from Entebbe to Kampala for those planning to catch that early morning bus at a cost of UGX60,000-. We can shuttle to other surrounding areas of Kampala if informed in advance.
We have a restaurant open from 8:00 a.m to 8:00 p.m everyday.
We offer a variety of well priced delicious meals prepared on order from our menu.
Our chefs guarantee to cook you a distinctly tasty Backpackers meal.
We also have a bar open to our guests and we will serve you that well priced nice and cold Ugandan beer or any other drink that you might desire.